Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the 25th year

So, I've entered the 25th year of my life. It's already very exciting! Team in Training is starting to really pick up, and I can actually manage the "pick up" this year because I'm not working and because my class load is a little lighter than usual.

I am holding a fundraiser next week, a flip turn clinic. You can come to the event by visiting http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/ZCWRDFVKMJMAYXKYBQXV/FLIPTURN. I am so excited to teach people swimming skills again...I didn't realize how much I missed teaching until I get excited about this event.

The team has also been different this year because 2 others have joined the MN team in memory of Kim: my friend Maggie from college, and Kim's sister MacKenzie. I love talking about Kim more, and I love having them on the team!

Other big news: I am likely moving to Wisconsin to join the Sitzmann Law Firm in September, pending the bar exam and other details. I am so happy that I have the opportunity to join the firm and excited about moving back to Appleton.

Also, I have been thinking a lot about "personal demons," as one of my friends has termed it. More or less, personal demons are the things that prohibit you from being free; free from your thoughts, free from the past, things/thoughts/feelings that can debilitate you. I want so badly to let go of things that happened to me so long ago. Things that still haunt me and don't let me be the person that I want to be. I am working hard redirect my thoughts to beat those demons. I keep reminding myself that you cannot change the way others feel about you, but you can change the way that you react to them. I have to remember that, even when other's actions trigger a negative emotional response, that should not make me unable to react in the way that I want or need to.

No comments:

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis
Annelise, Stephanie, Rachael, Erin, Me, and Kim

London

London
Kim, Me, and Erin in London

Kimberlie Wee

Kimberlie Wee
Beautiful Bald Kim