Monday, July 28, 2008

7.28.08

It's been awhile, old friend. Race day has come and gone, and it was a HUGE success. I cut 11 minutes off from last year's time finishing in 3 hours, 2 minutes and 12 seconds. My race number was 666, and it actually worked out very well for me :) Everyone just told me it was "bad ass" and it was. I killed that tri. I was so happy to have my friends and family there to support me on race day. Their support means so much to me.

I did my second triathlon on Sunday -- Chisago Lakes. It was a sprint: 1/4 mile swim, 17 mile bike, 3 mile run. Finished in 1:40. It was actually pretty fun, minus when I fell down the stairs at home before I left at 4:45AM! Left a little mark and broke my brake thingy on my bike. I didn't realize that my bike was damaged until I got on it during the race. I biked the whole ride with the thing broken, but I think I fixed it after the race. I have to put my tri bars on, so hopefully I can take a better look at it then.

I also stayed on Sunday to watch 7 of my teammates complete the half iron (not half ironman -- that's copyrighted!) It was amazing to watch each of them cross the finish line with a big old smile on their faces! I am so proud to them! I hope someday, I have enough guts to do something like that!

Not sure I am going to get anymore tris in this summer because we leave for the Boundary Waters in 2 weeks! YIPPEE!! and then school starts :( Last year, I can do it! I am hoping to get one more tri in in September, but we'll see.

No comments:

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis
Annelise, Stephanie, Rachael, Erin, Me, and Kim

London

London
Kim, Me, and Erin in London

Kimberlie Wee

Kimberlie Wee
Beautiful Bald Kim