Monday, June 16, 2008

6.16.08

Life continues on this bumpy path. The team did our first mock tri this weekend. It was a 3/4 mile swim, 15 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. I was so nervous for the swim because of the cold. However, I put my nerves aside and jumped into the freezing water at 8am on Saturday morning. After the initial shock and a panic in gasping for breath, I found my groove and swam it in 23 minutes. I stuck with a friend during the bike and the run. She is definitely a better biker that me so she pushed me during the bike and we pushed each other during the run. We made it with a time of 1:48.

The tri is less than a month away and I am nervous, scared, and excited. Thinking about doing it and actually doing it are two totally different things. All the things that have been going on in my personal life have been stunting my training, but I really love how I feel after I get done with a hard workout. I feel re-energized and ready to face whatever comes my way. Nothing can be worse than cancer.

One month....thank you to everyone who is helping me to find a cure!!! If you haven't donated yet, please do so at http://www.active.com/donate/tntmn/sitzmann. Your donations and prayers help more than you will ever know. Thank you.

No comments:

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis
Annelise, Stephanie, Rachael, Erin, Me, and Kim

London

London
Kim, Me, and Erin in London

Kimberlie Wee

Kimberlie Wee
Beautiful Bald Kim