Thursday, May 1, 2008

5.1.07

Last night we did a swim that was about 1500 yards and we couldn't touch or push off of the walls or the ground for the entire swim. It was tough, but kinda fun too.

I got an email today from the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (I subscribe :) ) and it told a story about a woman who survived with AML. That is the same cancer that Kim had. I googled AML when Kim got sick but after reading that email, I again got curious about how many people are not as luck as the woman in the email. This is what I found: "In 2005, an estimated 9000 deaths will occur in the United States [due to AML]. In adults, treatment results are generally analyzed separately for younger (18-60 y) and older (>60 y) patients. With current standard chemotherapy regimens, approximately 25-30% of adults younger than 60 years survive longer than 5 years and are considered cured." This makes me so sad and totally remotivates me at the same time. Why are so many people dying from something they never do anything to provoke? Let's find the answer.

No comments:

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis
Annelise, Stephanie, Rachael, Erin, Me, and Kim

London

London
Kim, Me, and Erin in London

Kimberlie Wee

Kimberlie Wee
Beautiful Bald Kim