Saturday, April 19, 2008

4.19.08

This morning I ran the trail mix race. It was the longest, hilliest, muddiest running race I've ever done. It was 7.75 miles of constant hills and the entire race was on trails. The hill part would have been terrible no matter what, but it rained last night. So the scenic run turned into a muddy mess. I ran with 3 of my teammates from team in training and was entertained all morning with their antics. I ran for the first 5 miles with my teammate Sean, and then we hit a really long, gradual climb. I just couldn't catch my breath! I walked for about 2 minutes and then felt bad for walking. I picked up the pace and ran again. I finish with an unofficial time of 81 minutes, and 23 seconds. About 10 minute miles, because the course didn't account for the extra distance the hills added. I feel good, and hopefully, I will be able to get faster before the Tri!!

I am thinking about doing another tri on July 27th in Chisago. (not chicago!) Anyone want to be crazy with me?? http://midwestsportsevents.com/events.php?EventID=4

No comments:

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis
Annelise, Stephanie, Rachael, Erin, Me, and Kim

London

London
Kim, Me, and Erin in London

Kimberlie Wee

Kimberlie Wee
Beautiful Bald Kim