Thursday, April 17, 2008

4.17.08

I am sore. First day of training that the soreness has spilled over like this. I LOVE IT! I also had a first last night...I was a competitive swimmer when I was growing up and never experienced a foot cramp. Which is apparently a common occurrence for swimmers...well, I got my first foot cramp last night. It was thrilling. :) I also went for a run with some teammates after our swim last night, and I really felt good. A little side cramp, but nothing I couldn't work through. Additionally, I had the bonus of great running buddies! Two of the girls I ran with are training for Ironman...someday, maybe. For now, my goal is to keep the runs up after the swim!

I thought that maybe I should take a moment to explain to those who do not know how TEAM IN TRAINING works. Three times a week we have "team practice" -- Wednesday nights we swim, Thursday nights we bike, and Saturday mornings we run. Practice will change once it gets nice outside and we can move the swim and the bike outdoors. We run outside all season. The only thing that stops us is subzero temperatures, but hopefully, all those days are over for this season. I am really looking forward to taking my bike outside because this is the first season that my bike is actually MINE! :) Thank you Santa Claus! On days that we don't have team practice, we should train on our own. I have been good about training 1-2 times a week on my own, but during school, it proves to be a difficult task. I am optimistic that after May 5 (my last final!) things will improve!

I was in Madison last weekend to do a run to benefit the Kimberlie Wee Scholarship fund. The run ended up raising $2200!!!!! Kim's fund is close to $25,000...Lots of future nurses will benefit from Kim's scholarship! Also, it was nice to go back and see my college friends and Kim's family. Her family is so inspiring and I am so happy to know them. Everyone misses Kim so much. My friends have started networking with other people who's family and friend struggle with Leukemia . I hope that those who have had sadness in their lives can help those who are experiencing it now. My heart breaks for everyone who suffers from cancer. I get so angry and wonder why God decides to make certain people experience that kind of pain. I don't think those questions will ever be answered, but its all the more reason to work to find a cure.

This weekend I have the 7.75 mile trail mix run at Hyland Hills. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!

Thanks for reading, thanks for donating and make sure to visit again!

No comments:

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis

May 2006 - Month before Diagnosis
Annelise, Stephanie, Rachael, Erin, Me, and Kim

London

London
Kim, Me, and Erin in London

Kimberlie Wee

Kimberlie Wee
Beautiful Bald Kim